Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Who do you hate more?

OK, so I have to admit that I'm a little happy that my prediction came true. I am also disappointed that it came true because like the rest of the world, I felt John Kerry was the lesser of two evils. What really disappoints me is the reaction by many of John Kerry's supporters (or GWB's haters). Here's the way I see it from outside:

GWB 51% - Lots of people hate him, but fewer than last time
Kerry 48% - More people think he would be even worse than GWB
Senate, House, Governor - All Republican majorities

To me this means one thing; the only thing most Americans dislike more than GWB is the Democratic party. So as far as I'm concerned, Democrats your job is to fix your party. Don't keep whining about all the "stupid rednecks" who voted for GWB. Look at why, with such a huge number of people that supposedly hate GWB and the Republicans, you not only couldn't win, but you lost ground. Use the energy you're currently directing toward the Republicans to build your party, to listen to what people really want, and to find someone who can actually lead the party to a victory.

No comments: