Friday, June 28, 2002

I gave blood today for the first time. That's right a blood donation virgin. It wasn't that bad...had to admit I was a little nervous. I'm not afraid of needles or blood or anything like that but my body tends to take control and do unexpected things. Like the time I almost passed out when my wife shut her finger in the car door. Anyway no problems this time.
Wirdest part of the whole thing? I went with seven others from our office as part of a blood drive. 4 of the 8 of us have type AB blood. AB is the rarest blood type, only found in 3% of the population. We also have a very high percentage of lefties but there doesn't seem to be a connection between being a lefty (I'm not) and having AB blood. There must be a way to get a government grant to study something like that. Oh well, maybe next week.
Have a good weekend!

No comments: